Monday, October 15, 2018

Malachi turns 9



Dear Malachi,

As you stand at the starting line of your tenth year I want to just pause and say a few things to you.

You have brought so much joy (and chaos and energy and noise) to our family. You are such a gift to us.

I see so much good in you and I want you to know that.  I spend a lot of my time "in training" with you right now, I know.  I know it may feel like I am getting after you all the time.  But kiddo - let me tell you why.  You are gold.  You are incredible treasure. And so I can not - I will not - let that gold be tarnished by will and way and strength of flesh.  I would never chase after something I didn't care about.



Thank you for working so hard at the things that are important to you.  Thank you for caring for those who others may see as inferior.  Thank you for not even batting an eye.  The way you love people even shows me a thing or two (and a child will lead them...).

Thank you for giving your all in your school work - I know 3rd is a big jump! Keep going.  Keep reading.  Keep asking for help when you need it.  You've got a great village.  

You are loved.  You are precious.  I'm so privileged to be walking along side of you, guiding you, and listening to all of your ideas, hopes, and dreams.  

Don't ever forget that you are forever, first and foremost God's boy.  That in and of itself will get you through every challenge that presents itself as you continue your trips around the sun.  






No comments: