Tuesday, September 25, 2012

{40}


Well, it's official; I love him even more at age 40. 




I love his humor and his wisdom. 

I love the way he smiles with his eyes.

I love his work ethic, the way he cares greatly for people, and his deep rooted faith. 


And all that mushy stuff. You all know I can get mushy. 

But I will {mostly} spare you. 


What I love the most is this heart softening. An ever increasing sensitivity to God and where God wants us, as a family.

Do you know what an amazingly secure feeling it is to realize that the man who is leading your family is seeking each and every day to go in the direction that the Creator of the universe points him in?

I can rest in that, y'all. I rest in that with great joy.

Dave's face book status this morning: 

"My birthday wish...13Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1Peter 13-16"


I don't think I need to add anything to that, except to say that I teared up when I read it. 

Affirmation after affirmation.

Yes. 

This is who I want to be sharing my life with. 

Yes.

This is who I want to be raising these boys with.

Yes. 

This is who I want leading us. 

Yes.

This is who I want to be in ministry with. 

Changing the world together. Impacting our world for the cause of Christ. 

Yes.

Happy birthday to my man.

I don't know how I ever ended up with some one so good and kind and dear. His love is like an embrace from God. 

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy 40th to Dave - wonderful post! :)

Christy said...

What a sweet post. Thank you for your heart for marriage and all things good and holy in that regard. I LOVE hearing about marriages that are steadfast in the Lord. He's so good. Happy big 40!!!

Rach@In His Hands said...

This makes my heart flutter a bit. Oh how God has blessed you with HIS love and Dave's.

Happy 40th to him!