Saturday, February 7, 2009

{Family}

Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.
~Anthony Brandt
Here they are - the people who helped create some of my favorite memories. The people who have loved me through some tough stuff. The people who bring a smile to my face every day. The people who I love so, so deeply.

These portraits were taken this past August. I adore them. I have large prints of them matted and framed on my wall. The picture above is my entire family ~ my parents, four siblings, sister in law, brother in law, 4 nephews, 2 nieces, and us. I'm the baby of the family (Dave, the boys, and I are right in the front).

I can not say enough about the amazing photographer who did this. Nineteen people were in that first shot. Lots of kids. Some of them (especially a certain little 20 month old) were not all that cooperative. And he still managed to capture these amazing photos!
Many thanks to Denver Photography in Denver Iowa.
Pictures copyrighted by Denver pgotography. Do not use or reproduce.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos! What a gorgeous day for a get together! I love your family photo by the birch trees. I hope that all is well with your boys after an urgent care visit. It's tough on everyone. Take care.

Dawna said...

What wonderful pictures! Your family is beautiful, and I'm so glad you are blessed with a wonderful support system. :-)

LuAnn said...

Awesome pictures!!! I love your outfits too. I love family photos!!

Sara@iSass said...

I am always amazed when a photographer can get a shot of more then 6 people and they all look good!!! CUte pictures, love the white and denim.
Back in 2001 Rob's grandma turned 80 so all of her family got together and we had pictures. She has five children and 12 grandkids and at the time 3 greats. and 11 spouses. (of family members) It was NUTS. But by some miracle they turned out. It is SO nice to have these kinds of pictures. We try to do it every year.
Your family looks WONDERFUL. Thank you for sharing.

Mel said...

Beautiful!!!

Grace Acres said...

Great family picture. I reall y see your smile and eyes in K. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Great pics! And your new hair is SO CUTE! :)