Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Malachi turns 11

 Dear Malachi,


As I sit down to my computer to dust off these keys and add another birthday post I have just had a particularly rough morning with you.  Which I think is going to be good as I process documenting life with you. It stretches and challenges me, and my love for you stands strong. 

You have just turned 11.  Our baby boy is eleven.  Quite an amazing thing.  This will be a big year for you, I know it.  Having now been through 11 for three boys before you, I know a lot of maturity takes place this year.  While you all are very much your own person, growing and maturing on your own individual timelines, I still know this will be a big year. 

You bless our family with laughs and constant activity.  With hard work and big ideas.  You love people and always want to be with people.  You want to invite our neighbors over and have parties every weekend. ;) That may stretch your introvert mama, but yes - let's do it. I'm so glad for the ways you pull me out of my comfort into new things that help me grow. YOU, for sure, help me grow. 




That seems to be the theme of this year - taking us out of comfort and helping us grow.  I know that has meant changes in your life.  I know it hasn't been easy and may not be easy for some time.  But I guess as I love you and nurture you this is something I desire for you. Not a life of ease.  A life of trusting (which you are learning big time!).  A life of risking a lot for truth and goodness and Jesus.  I can learn right along side of you, son. 

I love your fascination with farming and the time you spend on your computer playing Farming simulator - taking care of all of your fields etc. It's so fun to see your talents, passions, and abilities really emerge! 



You are a special boy.  You are full of facts and jokes and a good portion of downright crazy. ;) 


You are so loved.  I know you hear an awful lot of instruction/correction/ discipline right now.  I pray you hear the love through it.  God gifted us with you and we treasure His gifts. 


Love always, 


Mom

No comments: