Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A decade of Noe

Dear Noe,

Sometimes I get this feeling that parenting you is a sacred divine blessing in my life.

- Not that you are perfect by any stretch of the imagination, or even "easy" per se.  Just very unique and God's fingerprints are so clearly seen on you.

We have had the privilege of your presence being woven into our family for an entire decade now.  It has been a sweet journey.

I love your heart.

I am challenged by your heart,

motivated by your passion for God and your eternal perspective.



I am often silenced by your statements of truth and *Big* questions.

Two months before turning 10 you began a plan to read through the Bible in a year.  I encouraged you but in a hesitant way.

Because - you were nine.

And the Bible is a BIG book.

And attention spans can get short.

And discouragement can set in...

Oh me of little faith.

Not only have you stuck with the plan ever so faithfully, but you are not just skimming this big book. You are drinking deeply of the well of Living Water.  And your mama stands humbly by.



It is fun to talk about what we are reading together!  As always, you are my old soul.  You are my little boy whose eyes see deeper and whose heart reaches past the surface.

You are a great opportunity for me.  You help me to think on a different plane.

You take my parenting style for a trip and of course - I learn as much as I teach.




We are working with you on flexibility

On letting go of perfection

On less judging and more grace -

Things God is tweaking our hearts on as well.




Our talks on the way to school are some of the most valuable parts of my day.  I love the topics you choose,  ranging from music, to school, to what you want to be when you grow up, and what God is doing in your life.  Let's always talk about any thing and everything together, ok?  I love the openness we share right now - and I want you to know that your thoughts are very important to me!

Thank you for being you!

Thank you for helping me out whenever you see a need.

Thank you for valuing peace.

Thank you for making us breakfast. :)

Thank you for your heart and compassion!

You are a gift to us, Noe!!

I seriously can not wait to see what God has in store for you.  Watching your life unfold will be our privilege!  Your selflessness and motivation to pursue what really matters is so veyr admirable and will take you far.

Happy 10.







No comments: