Monday, January 3, 2011

Resurrecting an old project

About two years ago I started a really fun photo project. I took a photo each day during my 29th year. I started it the day I turned 28 and ended it the day I turned 29. I posted these pictures on a blog that I had entitled "my 29th year". It was such a fun challenge! Some days it was easy to find the treasure in the day and photograph it for the blog. Other days.. not so much. I mean really, after two or three days of stay at home mommy-ness do you photograph the dirty diaper, the cute spaghetti covered grin, or the huge pile of laundry?? ;) Amazingly, there were only about 50 days in the entire year that I did not post a picture. I think one of the coolest things about this project for me was that it forced me to search out the beautiful in my everyday. Not just finding it, but focusing on it - literally. Photographing something causes you to stop, really think, slow down, and meditate on beauty.

So - I am going back to the project! At first it was kind of nice not to have to do the daily picture, because it was just one more thing to add to my ever increasing to-do list. Plus - it was my 29th year project - AND the blog was called "my 29th year", so it had to be over, right?? But over the past 6 months or so I began thinking about how much fun I had with it...and I really missed doing it.

Well, it is back - with a new look, a new name, and open ended potential. :) I am excited to be doing this again, but not putting any pressure on myself. It may be hit and miss at times, but I know it will help me to see treasures in my days! Like, for instance - there may be days where I am cleaning up vomit for the 7th day in a row. And I may actually be scrubbing it off walls. And I could have to cancel working at the pregnancy center and I may end up with 4 loads of laundry that smell horrific. And if something like that were to happen, I would have to find a treasure in that day. In theory.

It has also been really neat to scroll through the photos from my 29th year and relive those moments. I have missed being able to do that last year.

So, this is really for me, but I thought I would invite you all along for the ride if you are interested. I will still be posting pictures here - and writing here, nothing will change with this little spot. If you want to take a peak, just click on the "photo blog" tag on the link bar above.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

is it going to be a new blog? Do we get a link to the 29th year? I want to see those pics!! Can't wait.

Cottage Mommy said...

Love this idea and I am excited to follow along with you! The bathtub photo is beautiful!

sara said...

Wendi, you need to join us and link up on Sunday's for P365!! We have 25 people doing it this year. I would love it if you did!