Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The treasures of Frankenmuth

Frankenmuth was

Refreshing,


Stroybook-esque,


Challenging,


Connecting,


Eye opening.


What a blessing it was to be able to leave for 24 hours (err... maybe more like 30-ish) and know that the boys would be so well cared for by daddy (for the second weekend in a row!).

-That they would not just have their physical needs met.

-That they would miss mama (and run at me with arms wide open when I returned).

-That my house needs me, and I have job security in the cleaning department (blessing in disguise, this one is).

My time away was great.

There were the fun elements like:

Shopping in the cutest Bavarian down town you ever did see - and then later at a great outlet mall.

Eating. I know - this probably shouldn't be so far up on my list. But it was good food. And I liked it. ;)

Indoor water park. My boys were slightly jealous. A certain 5 year old was beyond slightly.

Laughing with friends. It's my favorite. It reminds me of the non-mommy things about me.

One of the best parts of it all though was letting God speak to my so-much-in-need-of-truth heart. We were all ministered to by an incredible lady who is serving God in full time ministry in Papua New Guinea. She is in the states for a while and we were so blessed to have her with us.

By presenting what God has done, and is doing in her own heart in a raw, honest, and sincere way, she exuded the joy of the Lord.

And beyond that, her words broke down some lies that I was cowardly hiding behind. Not fun to face. More than wonderful to redeem.

Lies that were so easy to believe, like those that hinted at blaming my own, oft experienced, bad attitude and lack of joy on circumstances. Moods, hormones, and negativity causing shifting, doubting... sinning.

Like I said - not fun to admit and tackle. I'm still in the midst of that. But it is so helpful to have some one walk you through their own difficult circumstances and tell you "It is possible to choose joy. It isn't a fake and inauthentic cliche. His divine power has given you everything you need to do this."

Truth.

Want photos?

I have none of the water park. A bunch of women donning swim wear in late autumn = a camera ban. ;)

But here is whimsical Frankenmuth Michigan:




 And dear friends:

 
 

AND - I would be remiss in not giving some blog time to finally finding the boots. :) Remember? I've been shopping for the perfect boots for a couple of months.



7 comments:

Cottage Mommy said...

Sounds like you had a great, refreshing time! We have a Bavarian style town around here too and it is so fun to visit! Especially around the holidays!

Rebecca said...

i love frankenmuth...my gram lives there so i've spent lots of time there. where you at a women's conference? my best friend was at a women's conference there this weekend :)

Megan said...

That town is adorable... It makes me want to visit! :) And YOUR BOOTS... my heart be still! GREAT things come to those who wait till they find the perfect boots!

Glad you had such a wonderful time Wendi! God is good!

Blessings,
Megan

une autre mère said...

I haven't been to Frankenmuth in a loooong time! Looks like you had a fun time! And I'm LOVIN' those boots! Did you happen to get a 2nd pair? ;)

Penny said...

What a great time! Glad you had such fun!! =)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Those are the perfect boots! Love them!
What a fun time! Isn't is so nice to be refreshed with friends and challenged by God's Word--it really ends up being the best kind of hurt when we surrender and seek to live the Gospel! Hope to hear more! :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I'm even more excited to go visit Frankemuth now that I've seen your pictures! So glad you had a good time! And I'm lovin' those boots!