Sunday, January 31, 2010

Those 5 little words...

"He looks just like you!"
My heart did a little flutter when I heard those words. And I didn't even know that I wanted to hear them! It's not that I presume myself so fabulous looking that I think there should be lots of little people running around that look like me. Really not.... I don't even know exactly what it is. It's just neat to be able to see yourself and your husband in a tiny face. Sometimes I see some of my physical traits in K, but pretty much our boys have really looked like Dave's side of the family through and through. I love the ice blue eyes that run in his family. Even down to the shape of their heads, they have looked like daddy! When Baby Kai came along we were a little bit confused. He didn't look much like the other boys at all!! His dark coloring and thick hair gave him a uniqueness that everyone seemed to notice. I had an "ah-ha!" moment when I went home for Christmas and began looking at old photos at my parents house. He was almost identical to my baby pictures! This morning the older boys' Sunday school teacher got a look at Kai and immediately commented on how much he looked like his mama. I've been hearing it more and more and I like it. It may seem silly, but I just feel that much more bonded to him. I love this baby boy something fierce!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

What adorable photos and yes, he does look just like you! I know what you mean. There is such a joy in seeing yourself and your husband in the face of your child. So precious. = )

Blessings,
Tracy

BaronessBlack said...

Ha! Yes, I can see it too!
Y'know, I've always thought that one of the reasons why babies often look like their fathers in the early days, might be to help Dads bond with their little ones. I think, for many Mums we have the hormonal help in the first few (sometimes difficult) days. But it's lovely for all family members to be able to see their traits in the new family members!

Stacey said...

I love those five words too! I've not heard them much as my children were born, but as Emily gets older I do!

kt said...

aaw I can see it too :)
the colouring and something about your chin in there too :)
cute post and cute baby!!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

He does look like you! So sweet and precious!

I feel the same way when people say that about Lily and I -- there is something so special about having a little mini me :)

Anne Elizabeth said...

I think he looks like you too! Loved all the pictures:)

Annika said...

Adorable little guy! I love all his hair :) My little girl is bald.

Jackie said...

This just made me say "Awwww...."

You said it...to be able to see a part of yourself and your husband in a tiny face - it's a miracle.