Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend {2009}

I started writing a "thankful" post the day before thanksgiving. I re-read it and it just fell so short of what was really in my heart. It was so cliche. It was "Oh, I am so thankful for my wonderful family..etc...etc..." Nice stuff really, it just did not even come close to expressing the depth of true gratitude. At best it was - shallow. For some reason I could not find the right words to bring what was in my heart to life. I just couldn't. I was going to publish it anyway, but my computer started having all sorts of issues and it ended up lost any way. What it really comes down to is my heart overflowing. A God who has surprised me with grace and a measure of joy that really can not be quantified. So, now I will simply share my heart through my camera lens. I didn't get any pictures of our actual Thanksgiving day, but let me tell you - it was just right! The 6 of us relaxed together, watched the parade, had Dave's famous breakfast pizza, then in the afternoon went over to the home of some new friends. Truly lovely! It was so relaxing. Here is the rest of our Thanksgiving weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend with all those beautiful boys!

Heather of the EO said...

Lovely photos! I'm so impressed that you tackled Turkey Day, shopping, and decorating with fours boys in tow. You rock :)

Angela Nazworth said...

Oh these gorgeous pictures say it all don't they? And I so understand what you say about it just not seeming like enough I often have trouble with Thanksgiving posts for those very reasons.