Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The one where I spare you from the details of a long sharp needle piercing through my body...

Just a quick update on the happenings of our family. Seriously - I am so not used to such drama as we have had this week! Dave and I looked at each other this afternoon and were trying to figure out what day/date it was. - It took us a while. :) Tuesday the 13th, Tuesday the 13th... Ah - but yes, if Dave and I looked at each other this afternoon than that tells you my first bit of news - he is home!!! :) Oh how I missed that man. He is such a strong support to me that having him by my side is just what I need right now! K is still obviously fighting off the virus as he continues to be a lot sleepier than normal and not his normal perky self. However, he is much improved form Sunday and Monday and I was very relieved when he asked me for something to eat a few hours ago! I love how he asks - I sure missed that little bug too!! He said "Mom, shall I have something to eat?" And I said, "Why yes you shall K. What can I get for you?" And he said "Shall you make me some toast with lots of Cinnamon mom?" "I shall my dear!" :) He ate up those two pieces of toast quickly and had some ice water. I will likely keep him home from school for a few days - maybe the rest of the week. I went to see my doctor today. My doctor was out of town when I was in the hospital Sat. night and Sunday. I had a routine appointment with her for tomorrow and switched it to today so that I could have her check me and so we could discuss a plan. I continue to have quite a bit of back "labor" - although I don't know if you can call it that if it is accomplishing nothing. I am still 6-7 cm. I have been struggling with knowing how far progressed I am, yet being stalled out, having the pain, not sleeping well, and wondering if when it does kick in it will be really super fast. We live about 25 minutes form the hospital and well - it's just all a little stressful to think about. My doctor continues to be concerned about the baby's lung development. I will be 38 weeks on Friday. She understands my situation and does sympathize, but feels like the risk of breaking my water or any kind of inducing is just too high with me still being 2 1/2 weeks from my due date. This afternoon we opted to do an amniocenteses to check on baby's lung development. That is kind of a whole blog post in itself - but in the end I was glad we did it. I have not heard the results back yet and am assuming at this point it will be tomorrow before I know any thing. Apparently this is a very accurate test and we will know if he is ready to be born or not. If his lungs are, indeed, developed than my doctor will break my water - maybe even as soon as tomorrow. So, I am trying to be patient as I wait. I am tired and my back is sore, but I do have so much to be thankful for! Right now the top of my list is that two of my favorite guys are home and I am going to go spend some much needed time with them!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

praying...praying...still more praying! oh wendi, you must be getting to anxious to meet little kai..and oh my, i understand your nerves when it comes to the reality of being 6-7 cm. already and 25 minutes from the hospital. i pray you will be able to rest and trust in God's perfect timing and plan...and enjoy that time with your favorite guys!