Thursday, May 15, 2008

Recovering phony, learning to be myself

I was tagged by Kari and I'm supposed to summarize myself in six words! Here are the rules for the meme. 1. Write the title to your own memoir using 6 words. 2. Post it on your blog. 3. Link to the person that tagged you. 4. Tag five more blogs. Let me just say, 6 words is so incredibly limiting! It is NOT easy to come up with a summary for yourself in 6 measly words. We all know that as women we are very complex! That's why I absolutely loved Kari's 6 words: I'm way too complicated for that. :) As much as I loved it, I was also bummed, because that meant I couldn't use it. :) But, I think Recovering phony, learning to be myself is pretty decent for where I'm at right now. It certainly doesn't summarize my whole life, pretty much just where I find myself right now. I thought about Raggedy Ann in a Barbie world, but that would seem like I wanted to be something other than what I am, negating the 6 word summary that I actually chose... :) Can you laugh and cry simultaneously comes to mind as well. Or maybe up to my eyeballs in diapers, or how about wishing I could find my brain. :) Okay, I will stop now, but I'm kind of on a role with this game now. :) These girls may just strongly dislike me for this, but... I'm tagging Renee, Rachel, Amanda, and Joy. Have fun!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

all of your choices are great...you're pretty good at 6 word descriptions! :-)

Amanda said...

i love all of your descriptions...perhaps i resonate with "can you laugh and cry simultaneously" the most. :) i will most definitely be thinking on this and participating (just as soon as I find my brain!).

Grace Acres said...

You are so funny, I love how your mind goes in all kinds of directions.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Excellent!!!!!!!

And thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog. I too wish we could sit down and have lunch together...but not so I can give you writing advice...I wouldn't know how to do that...but so we could just chat in person. You are a sweet lady and I am glad that we are blogging friends