Monday, March 24, 2008

Move over Martha and other weekend moments

This is so cool guys. I am by far not the most crafty person you will ever meet. I am creative and enjoy these types of things, but the level of difficulty has to be pretty low for me. :)

Our Mom2Mom group had a blast with this craft Thursday. We each brought a place mat and 1 1/2 yards of ribbon.

This one's mine. Isn't it pretty?

This is me telling the place mat that I'm bigger and I will succeed.

Okay, so we pounded in the grommets, sewed two seems, added the ribbon and here is my lovely purse:














The options are endless. Every one had such cute ideas. The fun thing I noticed is the uniquely individual purses that each of us made. I think we almost could've guessed which purse belonged to which girl with out seeing them together or being told.


************************************************************************************
Move Over Martha; Easter addition:


Dave had Friday off from work and we had a great time as a family. We made Easter candy and colored eggs.
Making candy:


The finished products:
And coloring eggs:


The finished products:

Really fun stuff!

We enjoyed a great church service yesterday morning. The only draw back for me was not being able to sing some of my favorite songs at church because I am losing my voice again. My cough is getting worse and speaking is more like croaking for me these days. Beyond that, it was a wonderful morning! We had a great celebration.

Easter is my holiday to host Dave's family for dinner. My sisters in law and I each have a holiday. We enjoyed having Dave's parents and sister's family over for the day. The cousins, all boys, had a blast together! They were all sugared up and had all of the toys out. Does life get much better than that? One of the boys favorite things was coloring eggs again. This time it was with Grandma though, so that made it all the more fun.

One of my most memorable moments from yesterday was on the way home from church. My contemplative three year old, Jay, said, "Mom, we dyed the eggs and Jesus died on the cross. So we dyed the eggs to remember that Jesus died, right?" I love those moments of sheer childhood brilliance. :)

Today I will be thinking about a very special day seven years ago. My first kiss... Our wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and a really special day for us. There is so much that I could write about this man, this marriage, this journey we've been on for the past 7 years. But for once I am at a bit of a loss for words. I know, big shocker! :) Our marriage and commitment to one another is so near to my heart. It means so much to me that I don't have adequate words. I don't want to detract from the sacredness of it with flowery words and overused adjectives. It has become so much more than I ever thought it could be. Romance isn't butterflies in my stomach and trying to impress. This is so real. It's caring for a sick child together, going through disappointments and telling each other it's going to be okay, working through the hard stuff and knowing that we will never leave. It's a firm foundation built on Christ. It's not a feeling, it's a choice. The choice leads to the feelings. Feelings of security. Feelings of passion. Feelings of common goals being reached for by someone who respects you. I never knew it could be like this.

Can't wait till you get home Sweetie!



No comments: