Tuesday, May 13, 2014

{May} 10 on the 10th

This is what 10 on 10 is all about: taking a photo every hour for ten consecutive hours on the tenth of each month, documenting a day in your life and finding beauty among the ordinary moments. 



I tell them to give me 2 hours, because my house - wow - it needed some work. The past week has been pretty over-the-top busy. 
All my choice, so I am not complaining. There was a lot of beauty in the here-and-there-and-everywhere busy. 
But the neglect of the house thing never fails when a week like that happens. 




Jay and daddy are getting a very special date! Early morning until evening spent in Detroit. His first Tigers game. He was over the moon. -And is it just me, or is his facing looking so grown these days? *small tear*




Chores - done! The three littles at home with me did a fabulous job of pitching in and getting little jobs done around the house. Part of the motivation, I'm sure, was knowing what was coming. :) 
We pack up our lunch and head out to the park.





I'm pretty infatuated with my new phone too, but I make him hand in all electronics, as we are committed to a screen free afternoon. :)


 But I let him keep the beads…:)


And oh the fun!




Bliss.




They say, "When do we have to go home", and I revel in telling them that they can have all the fun they want. I have no agenda for the day except being present and loving little people. 


Rawrrr!




After a few hours, lots of fun, ice cream cones, and sticky fingers, we arrive home.
Finish up prep for my 2nd through 6th grade Sunday school lesson tomorrow.




I maybe wasn't 100% unselfish in my limitless park play for these guys…. this is a beautiful thing right here. ;) Hello lashes! 



That lovely evening sun shining through my windows on my Mother's day bouquet from my Mother-in-law! Gorgeous. 



So thankful! 

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Thanks for sharing your day with us. Lovely sleeping boy. Play outdoors seems to tire them more than any other kind of activity. I love to watch them snore !~!