Friday, January 22, 2010

The 37th anniversary of the constitutional right to break your heart

I know you may feel like it is your only choice. But it's not. I know you're scared. It's okay. You're not alone. There are people. Lots of people - who could be there for you. Who will be there for your baby. I know it's legal. But please. Please. Think about it one more time. There's a beating heart. Tiny fingers and toes already growing. So you find yourself in a situation that breaks your heart. That you weren't counting on. That will change your life. And you think you have found a simple solution. But It is anything but simple. And the furthest thing from a solution. If you were in front of me right now I would take your face in my hands, look you in the eye, and tell you that I care. That I know you are hurting tremendously. But that if you do this, your hurt will multiply for the rest of your life. I don't want you to pay for the rest of your life. You think the circumstances you are presently in are breaking your heart? - If you go through with this you will learn a new definition of that. I can not even begin to claim that I know what you are going through. But I do know the sharp and lasting ache of having life thriving within you one moment and then emptiness and pain the next. The circumstances surrounding this feeling may be very different. But the agony of it is sure to be universal. Don't make the choice to go there. It doens't just end one life. It ends a certain lighthearted and carefree element in your life which will be so difficult to uncover again. Please think about it. Just stop and think one more time.

5 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

seriously....this needs to be published everywhere.
Excellent post. Well said.

une autre mère said...

So, so good. Our pastor and his wife are soon to adopt a baby that would've otherwise been aborted. I hope this is read by some girls who really need it.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I was just going to say the same thing Katie did -- this should be published everywhere.

You would be such a great asset to a crisis pregnancy center Wendi!

Melody said...

Well said.

Juanita Ruby said...

This is powerful - every woman contemplating an abortion should read this!