Thursday, July 31, 2008

Really fun times!

Just had to post some pictures of why I am smiling really hugely today. :) My big sis Trisha and her family are here - at my house!!! We haven't seen them since Christmas! It's been 7 long months. I missed her so much, and I have to tell you, we are loving being together! Trish, Mike, and family arrived late Tuesday night and will not leave until next Wednesday! Just Yummy! I'm a little bit giddy. Here we are - (Trisha is on the left). Dave kindly asked Trish and I to please wear shirts that were not the same color. :) We are built alike, have the same voice, and similar taste in clothing. Dave always has to be on guard as to which one he is approaching. :) Not too hard to believe we are sisters huh?
I love her. Did I already say that? :) Trisha and Michael have 3 boys too. :) My nephews are awesome. Imagine the fun we are having...6 boys, 8 and under. We just feel a bit outnumbered, :)
Don't forget to leave a comment on my previous post! You still have until 7 pm tonight! I am thoroughly enjoying reading all of the fun comments from you guys! Chocolate was my bait - HA! I knew I would get you to de-lurk! I am so craking up over what a bag and a little chocolate will do. :) I knew that far more people visited here than commented here - very typical, I know. Still, there is this little thing called a site meter and it told a different story than the typical 10-15 or so comments left on average. It's been so fun! I'll post the winner later tonight!!

15 comments:

Jackie said...

You and your sis are adorable! Makes me miss my sis too. Totally cracked me up with the same voice thing...my sister and I sound so similar that once I called home to talk to my hubby and he talked to me for a good 2 minutes, thinking I was my sister.

The commenters are coming out of the woodwork...yay! I always watch my sitemeter, too, and wonder who all of the mystery people are. :)

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Enjoy your visit with your sister and her family. I have been blessed with 2 sisters and a little brother. I cannot imagine my life without them.

As a mom of two little girls, I enjoy watching them play together. I will do all that I can to make sure that they have a close relationship as well.

As for leaving a comment on your last post...well I already did that, but I do want to add to that comment. If I am lucky enough to win, why don't you keep the chocolates and share them with the boys. Then post some pictures of their beautiful, happy faces enjoying the candy. That would really make me happy and save some weight gain too!

Anne Elizabeth said...

You and your sister are so beautiful! Have fun!:)

Stacey said...

Looks like you are having a great time! So nice to have a sister and a best friend all in one!!

P.S. I hope I win the bag and chocolate!!!

Sarah M. said...

I'm glad you posted pictures of the boys playing together! Have a great week!!

Angie said...

My goodness, you and your sister could be twins!!! What a beautiful picture of the two of you. Thank you for sharing. I finally came out of "lurking" mode, and took the plunge to start blogging!!! I think your beautiful words had something to do with that. Hey it only took me two years!! I'm still learning a lot, and hopefully I'll have some pictures to post in the near future. My husband promised to teach me how this weekend.
Enjoy your family time together!!! What a blessing to have such a beautiful family.
Angie (Tx.)
Blog name; Moments of Tranquility and Chaos on blogspot or is it blogger?? LOL!

Little Candle said...

You two do look a lot alike! What a wonderful week you are going to have. I hope that it will go nice and slow and the good times will be had by all!

Hugs,
Sarah :)

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

What fun! Love the pictures of you two together :)

Enjoy every moment...but you do have to eventually give them back :)

SmilingSally said...

The older I get, the more important family becomes.

Peggy said...

Happy family time Wendi & 100
anniversary!

I'm just inviting you to a special day on this FRIDAY! C'mon over and visit me and make my day!

We can celebrate together!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

wow...6 boys under 8...that's AWESOME!

aren't sister's just the best

Unknown said...

Ya'll sure are cute! I can see the resemblance.

Lisa said...

My first time here from Jackie's...I couldn't leave without saying hello and especially commenting about the gift of a close sister.

My sister and I are 22 months apart and great friends. What a blessing.

Your site is beautiful...very Victorian!

Tonya said...

Have fun with your sister that is awesome! I would feel outnumbered too.

dani said...

hi, wendi:) you and your sister are darling!!! the two of you do have a really strong resemblance!!! so funny about the voice thing:D
have a great evening...
love,
dani