Thursday, July 3, 2008

Feelin' special!

Did ya'll know that there were awards for blogging?? Yep! And I have become the recipient of two this week. I know, I'm still baffled by it myself. :) I started out blogging to share pictures of the boys, their antics, and our news with long distance friends and family members (mostly my mom...). I really enjoyed it, and I think they appreciated the updates. After a few weeks I began to realize that writing is so much more than newsy updates to me - it is an energy giving weird cathartic type of passion (nice way to say obsession?). To me, words are beautiful! I love writing. Clear and simple! So, I began to share my heart a little bit more. Sharing our experiences from J.D. and K's early birth was heartwarming and special for me. Opening up our lives to be able to encourage others and show them God's faithfulness really excited me. And I was surprised by the response. People are reading my blog. :) People who I've never met are commenting and encouraging me. Who ever would've thought?! Not me.
Most recently you have traveled with me during our latest journey through loss. Something unexpected. A story line that I had not anticipated or prepared for. Most of the time through the posts of the last couple of weeks I have written for me. Sat down at the computer and used a keyboard to direct my focus and sort through my thoughts. I have at times almost forgotten that it's not just my little space - that people actually read it. :) And then I get the sweet comments and I'm seriously shocked at the response. By the way, I have become a bit weird about my comments now. Like checking e-mail often and doing a happy dance when I get them. I know - kind of sad, but I just don't get out much and it really means that much to me. :) You know if you are a blogger you can relate, even if just a teeny bit!
These are special to me. :)
The blog of distinction award was given to me by Sarah @life in the parsonage. If you've never checked out her blog, you really need to. :) It's a daily read for me AND I have actually sat down in her living room, ate food with her, and had Bible study with her before. Makes me close to a celebrity. Keep hoping, you may get the chance some day too. :) My parents and sister's family go to the church that her husband pastors. Yes she really is as nice and beautiful as she seems. :) This award was given to me by Christina @an unspoken story is shared when you take a photo! accompanied by these words which really touched me: "Wendi -I learn and grow every time I read her blog. She is so true to the things that matter most in life (her faith and family) and she stretches me in those areas with her amazing writing."

Christina and I both know a thing or two about little boys. :) Christina is a sweet, dedicated, hard working lady! I've met her in real life, but never really knew her until we began reading each other's blogs. Is this fun stuff or what?

There are rules that accompany these awards and one of them is to pass them on to other blog authors who inspire. I look forward to following through with that in the future!

Thank you friends! I don't feel like I have much to offer, but I appreciate the encouragement to continue doing what I love. Be careful though, you are really feeding an obsession. :)

(So blogger is apparently having some image issues. I don't have time to fight with it today. I had image issues today too, so I get it. :) If the pictures aren't coming through for you - use your imagination. And I swear I didn't make it up. They were cool and pretty and...)

Happy Independence Day! Looking forward to fireworks, camping in the yard, smores, watermelon, air shows, hot air balloons, more fire works, picnics - you get the picture. :) Lets share photos after the weekend! I can't wait.

12 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

You are amazing, and I'm so glad I've gotten to know you better through this crazy blogging world!! Come back and visit in real life again!!!!

Can't wait to see pic of your 4th celebration. I think we'll be hanging out with Trish and her fam :) WISH YOU WERE HERE!

PS - thanks for making me feel famous ;)

dani said...

happy early 4th of july to you, wendi:) i hope you all have a great day of celebrating and cannot wait to see your photos!!!
further, you so deserved both awards. you are a very inspiring and insightful woman. and, your writing is amazing, beautiful, and poignant...
take care gorgeous girl!!!
love and prayers,
dani

Jackie said...

Congrats, Wendi! You deserve every award that comes your way and then some! I loved how you expressed your delight in comments and repeated checking for them multiple times a day. Yep. Right there with you, sister. It's crazy how warm and fuzzy they make us feel!
Happy 4th of July to you...enjoy being with your family.

Anonymous said...

I adore your blog, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I think that you have lots to say, and you do it very well too. (Now i have to go do something else before I become jealous!)

happy thoughts...happy thoughts... :)

Grace Acres said...

I should be able to swing with it like you do, I think my life might be less stressful or at least more bearable.

Unknown said...

Wow! You're famous.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm adding you to my blogroll, new friend.

By the way, took the Facebook test you sent ... 89% alike. Two peas in a pod, I think it said.

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

you deserve it...if Christina hadn't chosen you as one of her 5 I was going to. :-) you are very special!

Summer said...

It's good to see you so happy. Congratulations- your writing does deserve this recognition!

Homegrown Tribe said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying Hi! You have quite a story... thanks so much for sharing. You have such a beautiful family.

have a wonderful day

brittany

Amanda said...

wendi....you are so special...and your blog glorifies Christ....so good to know everyone else notices that as well! hope you and your boys enjoyed a delightful fourth of july!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I love your Beautiful new look

Rick said...

Congratulations on your awards.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/