Sunday, May 18, 2008

The best dollar I ever spent



"Tot Spot" fold up canvas chair, in almost new condition, with it's very own bag: $1 at yard sale. Hours of fun for three little boys, enjoying a chair just their size, priceless!

I only got pictures of Noe in it, but all of the boys LOVE it. :) How fun. I do love a bargain. :)
On a different note; Have you ever wondered what exhausted naughtiness might look like in a physical form? You have? You were just thinking about it and wondering what the visual on that would be? Then you'll appreciate that I actually captured it with my camera today!

Last week we tried subtracting Jay's nap from our daily routine. He wasn't sleeping well at night, so that was the most logical step to take. After five days of over tired Jay, and NO DIFFERENCE in night time shenanigans, we added it back in, just earlier in the day. For now that seems to be working. Well...that brings me to today. He refused to nap. He was very tired, but continually disobeyed. He jumped on his bed, sang "Old McDonald" loudly, half in Spanish (older brother influence here), half in made up Jay language, and told stories to K, who I think would've napped if it weren't for younger brother influence. Dave and I were both very tired and hoping for some rest ourselves, but finally gave up after a couple of hours. The boys got much discipline, and they now have a very limited amount of things to play with due to utter lack of obedience. I took the above picture about 15 minutes ago. This is my Jay. After fighting sleep with all he's got, he climbed up into our big comfy living room chair and promptly ran out of batteries. He just looks so sweet and innocent. :)

5 comments:

Stacey said...

He sure doesn't look naughty! He looks adorable!!! I hope you took a break too finally!!

You need to bring your little chairs and stop out when you are home and we are camping some time!! Fun times!

Kristy said...

I love that the boys loved the chair. I am glad that you were able to take a few moments to stop by and say Hi. It was great seeing you again. Hopefully we'll see you at the softball games soon.

Rachel said...

Hope got a Clifford stuffed animal at the same yard sale. It is her new fav thing! Don't you just love cheap things that make your children happy!

Leslie said...

I don't believe you. He is a total angel always.... right.... just like my girl... YEAH RIGHT!

Naugthiness does make the sleepy.

Lisa said...

Makes me want a nap! So sweet...