Thursday, March 13, 2008

Painting fun

I have this really great network of friends. We meet at church every Thursday morning from 9:15-11:15. We call our group Mom2Mom. We hire babysitters for all of the kids (and there are alot of kids!). We try to do each of these things once a month: Bible study/discussion, out to breakfast or bring brunch in, service project, and craft or cooking. We all look forward to this time together alot. I have missed several weeks (months?) because of illnesses. This morning it felt great to get out and enjoy the company of these lovely ladies

Today was our day to do a service project. We painted the 'fireside room' at church. The Sunday school class that Dave and I attend meets in this room. It's a great room, but really needed freshened up with a new coat of paint.

We felt much satisfaction at the end of the two hours we spent doing just that today. You go girls! We are wives, we are mothers, we are painters, and I am so glad we are friends. I did get a little bit of paint of my nose...and it wasn't really while I was doing any work ( yes, this picture was totally staged).

Thanking God for friends, health, full sunshine pouring through my windows, 51 degree highs, and grilling for the first time in 6 months.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Sounds like a fun group!! Good girl time! I wish I had some connections like this!