Wednesday, October 26, 2022

13

 Dear Malachi,




With the milestone of you, our baby, becoming a teenager - we now go into a little over 2 months of having four teenagers in the house. I love it. I love the stage of you being a teenager and becoming more and more of who God made you to be. I will still always remind you to stop trying to rush your childhood. Maybe some of that is selfish and I just want to hold on to the little bit of child I have left. 

I do recognize that you have grown and matured so much this year. Physically (taller than me now...), Spiritually, and emotioanlly. I am so proud of you.

I am proud of the new things you have tried. 

I am proud of the big thoughts you have entertained and the adventures you have not backed down from. 

You are brave and bold and independent. All things that I definitely lacked at 12 and 13, so I find alot of joy in watching you thrive in them. 

I pray that this year is a beautiful journey in continuing to learn to choose love and choose hard and embrace life with pure joy. 

I hope you get at least one monster buck.

I hope your friend support only grows and you are surrounded by positivity and spiritual input. 

I hope you figure out how to wake up quicker in the mornings. ;)

I hope your beginning experience with raising goats is everything you hope it will be. 

I look forward to watching you learn more behind the scenes technical skills, and use them to the glory of God.

I hope you can see how God has uniquely gifted you so very much. You are gifted in jumping in and helping out in almost any situation. Your work ethic is admirable. I know school is not your very favorite, but the way you have sailed through the first quarter of 7th grade shows that you are learning well. 

I know God is doing a work in your life. I know sometimes it's uncomfortable. Hang in there and let Him work. Just listen and open yourself to Him. 

No matter what, I will be watching and cheering and loving. Probably borderline annoyingly. You are a gift to our family. 


Happy 13 Malachi, Mali, Mal, Mallard. 


Love, Mom




No comments: